Sunday, March 1, 2015

Suburban Triage

The exhaust on the Suburban needs fixed, in a bad way.  Today I just preformed triage and I had to make do with a few "opportunistic" parts.  (I need something like this bolt assortment from amazon.com"

Not looking so good!
Ouch

Added some support

Fiberglass wrap for sound

Metal warp for strength (note the inventive use of cotter pins)  =)

I will need to either do the exhaust work myself or have shop fix it for real.  This should hold for a while until I figure out which one I want to do.  I would like to try it myself but I am not sure how to go about it.

I would need a new tailpipe, muffler, and pipe that goes in front of the muffler.  There is flex pipe for easy routing but I don't think that is the best way to do it.  I am also fascinated with max flow and quite exhaust systems.  I wonder what a serial muffler / glass-pack, serial muffler to dual parallel glass-packs, or serial glass-pack to dual parallel mufflers would sound like.  Does 1/2 the airflow though a muffler allow the muffler to attenuate more than 1/2 the sound?  Looks like some more research!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment